Official Contest Rules
- 1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, SOME RESTRICTIONS APPLY.
- 2. Sponsors: Entravision Communications Corporation, located at 5700 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 250, Los Angeles, CA 90036, owner and operator of radio stations KSSE-FM, KSSD-FM, KSSC-FM, KLNZ-FM 103.5, KKPS-FM 99.5, KRCX-FM 99.9, KMIX-FM 100.9, KXPK-FM 96.5, KPVW-FM 107.1, KYSE-FM 94.7, KQRT-FM 105.1, KLOK-FM 99.5, KMXX-FM 99.3, KPST-FM 103.5, KRNV-FM 102.1, KAIQ-FM 95.5, KRRN-FM 92.7, KJMN-FM 92.1, KSEH-FM 94.5, KNVO-FM 101.1, KLOB-FM 94.7, KXSE-FM 104.3, KTSE-FM 97.1, KVVA-FM 107.1, KDVA-FM 106.9, KINT-FM 93.9 (the “Entravision Stations”), and Alliance Radio Network, owner and/or operator of radio stations KTBZ-FM 104.5 , WLIT-F2, KMVK-FM 107.5, KXZM-FM 93.7, KSRT-FM 107.1, KLEY-FM 95.7, KGST-AM 1600, KHIT-FM 107.1, KGRE-FM 102.1, KRKY-AM 1450, KLVO-FM 97.7, KLVO-FM 94.7, WAMA-AM 1550, KMIA-AM 1210, KEBT-FM 96.9, WAFC-FM 106.1, WLLY-FM 99.5, KDUT-FM 102.3, KZZD-FM 97.5, KZZR-FM 94.3, , WAFZ-FM 92.1, WAFZ-FM 1490, WNOW-FM 1030, KBDR-FM 100.5, KRQK-FM 100.3, KZER-AM 1250, KPZA-FM 103.7, KDYK-FM 93.7, KMMG-FM 96.7, WDDW-FM 104.7, KRYE-FM 104.9, KBRU-FM 98.5, KDTD-AM 1340, WNVL-AM 1240, WSGH-AM 1040, WWBG-AM 1470, WOLI-FM 103.9, WTOB-AM 1380, KPDA-FM 100.7, KZUS-FM 92.3, WTOX-AM 1480, WAYE-AM 1220, KSCR-AM 1320 KMNW-AM 1470, WBZQ-AM 1300 (the “Alliance Stations”). Entravision Stations and Alliance Stations are hereinafter referred collectively as the “Station” (the “Sponsor”). The administrator of the Contest is the Station.
- 3. DATES OF THE CONTEST: The “La Suavecita de la Hora” (the “Contest”) takes place on the following dates:
January 09, 2017 – January 13, 2017
January 16, 2017 – January 20, 2017
January 23, 2017 – January 27, 2017
January 30, 2017 – February 3, 2017
February 06, 2017 – February 10, 2017
February 13, 2017 – February 17, 2017
February 20, 2017 – February 24, 2017
February 27, 2017 – March 03, 2017
- 4. ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICIAL RULES: By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules (these “Official Rules”). Written copies of these Official Rules are available by mail upon written request to 5700 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 250, Los Angeles, CA 90036, Attention: La Suavecita de la Hora with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope. Rules are also available on:
- 5. How to Enter: Listen to the Station, La Suavecita, 107.1 FM, during the Dates of the Contest, from 6:00 am PT to 6:59 pm PT. Every hour at the top of the hour the radio hosts will announce the song of the hour and the performing artist (referred herein, indistinctively, as “La Suavecita de la Hora” or as the “Winning Song”). The first Winning Song will be announced at or after 6:01 am PT and the last Winning Song will be announced at or after 6:01 pm PT. After the radio host announces La Suavecita de la Hora, at any time during the remainder of the hour the Station will play the Winning Song. As soon as you hear La Suavecita de la Hora is playing by the Station, you should call the telephone number 888-888-3021 as indicated by the radio hosts. Every hour during the Contest, the Station will select the seventh (7th) caller for an opportunity to win the Prize. If you are the seventh (7th) caller you must say the name of La Suavecita de la Hora in order to win. Limit one entry per person per hour. Calls will be selected in the order they are received. Online radio streaming might have an audio delay and might reduce the possibilities for participants to call on a timely manner.
- 6. Prizes: Each winner will receive one (1) gift card certificate with a cash value of $100.00 (One Hundred Dollars and 00/100) (the “Prize”). Winners can pick up their Prize at the Station’s office located at 5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 250, Los Angeles, CA 90036, the following day they won. For Prizewinners outside of the Los Angeles Metro Area, the gift card will be mailed via certified USPS mail. A list of prizewinners is available by mail upon written request to 5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 250, Los Angeles, CA 90036, Attention: Ganadores La Suavecita de la Hora with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
- 7. HOW PRIZEs are AWARDED: On the Dates of the Contest, every hour, starting at or after 6:01 am PT and ending approximately at or after 6:01 pm PT, the Station will announce the name and artist of La Suavecita de la Hora and will play it at any time during the remainder of that hour. The radio host will indicate listeners to call telephone number 888-888-3021 when they hear La Suavecita de la Hora is playing. The seventh (7th) caller will be selected for an opportunity to win the Prize. In order to win, the seventh (7th) caller must say the name of La Suavecita de la Hora. The odds of winning depend on the number of calls received and on naming the correct name of La Suavecita de la Hora by the seventh caller selected by the Station. Participants must provide legal proof of eligibility at the time of entry. Eligibility requirements are set forth below. If a winner cannot be verified or does not meet the eligibility requirements hereto referenced, the Sponsor reserves the right to forfeit the Prize.
- 8. Eligibility: All participants must be legal residents of the United States of America, and at least eighteen (18) years of age with a valid social security number at the time of entry. Employees and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouse) and household of such employees of the Sponsors and their affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, distribution, advertising and promotion agencies, or any other companies engaged in the development, production of distribution of Contest materials are not eligible.
- 9. Conditions of participation: By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, illegal, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsors will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Sponsors’ decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsors, the Sponsors reserve the right to suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, or to make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsors deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsors and are final. Future Contests or tie-breakers, if any, may be significantly more difficult than the initial Contest. The method of determining prize-winners if a tie remains after completion of the last tie-breaker will be at the Station’s discretion. The Sponsors may waive any of these rules in their sole discretion. The Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any and all improprieties should be reported immediately to Rebeca Romo-Vasquez, Promotions Director for the Station at 323-900-6100. The Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who violates these rules or applicable law, tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, engages in any conduct detrimental to Sponsors, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsors’ sole discretion), or acts in violation of these Official Rules, to lock out any individual whose eligibility is in question, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest at any time. The Sponsors disclaim any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK FROM ANY SUCH PERSON DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO THE SPONSORS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- 10. RELEASE: Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of any prize offered constitutes permission to use the name, voice, and/or likeness (photo, videotape or film) and basic personal information of participants in any medium selected by the Sponsors for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation to the participants. Unless prohibited by law, each participant hereby releases the Sponsors and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in the Contest and any participation in any activity relating to the Contest. In order to participate in the Contest, Participants must sign an official affidavit of eligibility and release provided by the Sponsors. Sponsors are not responsible for printing or distribution errors and may rescind or revoke this Contest based upon any such error without liability at their sole discretion. All federal, state, and local laws apply. As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (“Promotional Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- 11. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSORS, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- 12. Disclaimer of Warranties: THE CONTEST AND THE PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- 13. TAXES: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsors, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. Each winner must provide valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, unless specifically permitted under these Official Rules. Any person winning over $600 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- 14. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof shall take place in the State of California, in the City of Los Angeles, County of Los Angeles.